Help is available for businesses
We would like to hear from any Herefordshire small or medium-sized businesses that have been affected by flooding.
Central government announced today (17th February) that hardship funding will be made available to small and medium sized enterprises who need help to develop and implement recovery plans.
A range of costs may be covered
Eligible businesses will be able to claim for costs which could include immediate clean-up costs, materials, exceptional business costs (such as hire of drying equipment) and temporary accommodation to enable them to continue trading.
Business continuity planning and marketing costs may also be covered.
Details are still emerging
Full details of the scheme are yet to be finalized. Further details will be announced by Government this week and background information can be found online here: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/uk-floods-10-million-support-scheme-for-flood-affected-businesses
We also want to understand how local businesses have been affected as we may be able to assist them in other ways.
Please contact us
We need to report to government on Wednesday on how many businesses are affected in Herefordshire. In order to be included in this report we will need to hear from businesses by 3pm on Wednesday 19 February 2014.
Even after that date we would still like you to let us know if you have been affected by flooding. There may be other ways we can offer help and assistance.
Please contact us as soon as possible with the following information: let us know the following
- Name and location of business
- Contact details
- Date(s) affected?
- What type of impact (direct or indirect*)?
- What impact has this had on your business?
- What could have been done to prevent it?
- What support is required to assist you getting back on your feet?
Please send emails with your response to the details above to email@example.com or call 01432 261758.
firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01432 261758.
* Any grants made available will cover direct and indirect impacts within affected areas, but will not cover loss of trade suffered by businesses outside of directly affected areas:
- Direct impacts: business has suffered direct damage and loss to premises, equipment and/or stock and has been unable to trade normally as a result of flooding
- Indirect: business has had no or highly limited access to premises, equipment and/or stock as a result of flooding, restricted access to customers and suppliers and suffered significant loss of trade.
Free advice is also available
A Government Business Support Helpline is providing comprehensive advice and support to businesses affected by floods. The Helpline will offer a free one hour call with a dedicated Business Support Adviser to help businesses get back on their feet.
The helpline number is 0300 456 3565 and can take calls from flood affected businesses now
Help is also available for farmers suffering water-logged fields the government announced today.