Have your say....Local Flood Risk Management Strategy
Have your say on Herefordshire Council’s Local Flood Risk Management Strategy.
The strategy, which provides an overview of flood risk in Herefordshire, sets out five key objectives for managing local flood risk:
• Understand flood risks throughout Herefordshire
• Manage the likelihood and impacts of flooding
• Help the community to help themselves
• Manage flood warnings, response and recovery
• Promote sustainable and appropriate development
We want to hear your feedback on the strategy and invite you to have your say by Monday 30 January 2017.
Your views are important to us and we welcome feedback on:
• Our proposed objectives for the management of local flood risk across Herefordshire
• The actions we have proposed to deliver our objectives
• Any other comments in relation to the strategy or local flooding in general
Councillor Philip Price, Cabinet member for infrastructure, said: “Many communities across Herefordshire are at risk of flooding from a variety of sources and we have seen in recent years just how devastating floods can be.
“Whilst it’s not possible to prevent all flooding, Herefordshire Council continues to work hard to manage the risk and reduce the impact of flooding. I encourage residents and communities to get involved and have their say.”
To have your say, please complete the online consultation.